WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR MINI SESSION:
YAY! If you are reading this page thank you for booking me for your mini session. I am super excited to be apart of capturing special milestones and moments in your life and look forward to meeting you. All my mini sessions are 20minutes long, it includes one location (pre-selected for minis offered), 6 high resolution digital images, professional editing and a password protected online gallery. Be ready to have fun, smile and laugh with me.
We will be shooting this years holiday mini sessions in Prosser Wa at a investment property my finance and myself have flipped. Session will take place in front of a shiplapped fireplace where I will be hangging Joanna Gain stockings & garland. Holiday Decor will be placed on the mantle and I will provide a tufted settee in cream with a fuzzy blanket overlaid. Colors will be greens, creams, whites, black and wood.
What to wear?
The million dollar question behind every shoot, what should we wear? We all want to look our best and wear something that is going to photograph beautifully. After years of photographing wedding's, family's, senior portraits and everything in between, I have a few tips that will go a long way. Let me help take the stress out of dressing for your photography session with these suggestions.
- Something you feel comfortable yet beautiful in. Remember this is your session and you should represent who your family is through what you wear. Be you, if you are not comfortable in what you are wearing it will show in the images.
- Start off with one shade of color think Christmas Farmhouse with creams, whites, greens and black with hints of wood when deciding your color.
- Once you have your color picked out try adding a pop of color by using accent colors. Colors like green, burgunday, red, or even golds are great at giving a little bit of extra dimension to the shot. The idea is to flow together without being siamese twins.
- Add textures such as patterns, ruffles, different fabrics, sparkle, and layers to create additional dimension.
- You can also add texture with my favorite, jewelry! Mix and match bracelets, rings, earrings, necklace, or a floppy hat to give your outfit a little extra something special.
- If you are anything like me you probably are looking for colors to match your home decor. Keep in mind what you are going to be doing with your images after you receive them.
All these suggestions are just guidelines to help take away some of the stress when planning what to wear for your family session. I want you to have fun, be yourself and wear what ever makes you feel like the best you!
MY FAVORITE SHOPS WHEN LOOKING FOR WARDROBE:
MY FAVORITE HAIR/MAKEUP ARTIST:
Where will we our session be located?
I will be sending out location address a week before your session. Please arrive on time for your session all minis are booked back to back so to insure your receive your full 20 minutes you will want to arrive on time.
When will I receive my digital images?
I know you are just as excited to receive your digital files as. Holiday Minis will be delivered by Wednesday December 5th. You will be notified by email with a link to your online gallery once it is ready for viewing. The email will include login information to access your gallery, instructions on how to select your digital images included in your session and how to purchase additional digitals or print products.
Can I purchase additional digitals or prints?
Yes of course you can! Once you have received your online gallery you will receive an email with information on how to purchase any additional digitals or print products.
Why should I print my images?
Digital images are great to have when it comes to storage and sharing with family but a digital image turned into a print is so much more rewarding. Think of the time and money you have put into planning your session if you only see the images whenever you turn on your computer or pull out your phone to show a friend. Your prints become beautiful art you can display in your house either on the wall or in a album you can share with family and friends.
One of my fondest memories was curled up in my moms lap as a child listening to her tell me stories about each image as she thumbed through our family's album or walking down the halls, each print on the wall reminding me of a different trip, moment or memory in my life. Your digital images are meant to be beautiful art displayed in your home, I encourage you to enjoy them!
copyright © 2018